Many people are conscious of their eyes – not so much about their vision, because they can always wear contact lenses or fashionable eyeglasses if needed – but more about the surrounding skin area. The presence of eye bags, dark circles, wrinkles, and crow’s feet is enough to send many rushing to buy the best eye creams they can get a hold of.
What are these creams and what are they for, you may ask. Eye creams are cosmetic products specially formulated for the eye area. There are several commercial brands in the market. Some are topical treatments for dark circles and puffy eyes while a number are anti-aging creams.
The skin around the eyes is fragile and is the first to show signs of aging. The eye skin grows thinner with age and stops producing its own moisture sooner than the other parts of the face. At age thirty, the skin starts to lose elasticity and collagen. This is also the age when wrinkles and fine lines first appear.
Dermatologists advise that regular application of eye cream will rejuvenate your eye skin, but how can you tell which one is the best eye cream? There are many good eye creams that are available. To be sure that you are getting one of the best eye creams, however, you should look for one that can provide most if not all of the following:
– The best eye creams must contain enough emollients to moisturize and preserve the skin, and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
– Vitamin K to promote blood circulation and lessen the incidents of dark eye circles.
– Vitamin A, either retinol or tretinoin, to rebuild collagen that would fill out the wrinkles and thicken the eye skin over time. The eye cream should also be able to tone and firm the skin around the eyes and restore its resiliency.
– Vitamin C as antioxidant to prevent free radicals from damaging the skin any further.
– Sunscreen protection against harmful ultraviolet rays through ingredients like avobenzone, tatnaium dioxide, zinc oxide or mexoryl SX.
If you wish, you can also check the Internet for recipes on how to make your own cream using natural ingredients like avocado. Avocado is rich in vitamin A that would help keep your skin smooth and supple while minimizing the fine lines. buy bimatoprost uk