Thu. Feb 22nd, 2024

When people from countries outside of the European Union (EU) wish to live in Spain long-term, they must get a residence visa. There are a few different types of residence visas that can be obtained, including investment, student, work and entrepreneurial. However, the most common and straightforward type of Spanish residence visa is the non lucrative visa. The non lucrative visa is a great option for individuals who want to live in Spain for a few years but do not want to invest money or carry out business activities in the country.

Non lucrative visas can be renewed for another two years after the initial one year period, provided that all requirements are met. This makes it possible for visa holders to spend a total of 10 years in Spain, which can eventually lead to the acquisition of Spanish citizenship, assuming all EU laws are complied with.

The non lucrative visa is suitable for all foreigners born outside of the EU who have sufficient economic means to live without working in Spain. This visa is particularly attractive to retirees, as it allows them to enjoy the country’s rich culture and beautiful weather without having to worry about work-related issues.

To apply for the non lucrative visa, you must submit a number of documents to the Spanish consulate in your home country or the country where you have legal residency. The most important documents include a bank certificate demonstrating that you have enough money to cover your living expenses in Spain for the first year, along with a medical certificate proving that you do not suffer from any diseases or conditions that would prevent you from entering the country. In addition, you will need to provide two photos that are 3×4 cm with a white background.

Once you have submitted all of the required documents, the Spanish consulate has one month to respond to your application with a decision. If the consulate rejects your application, they will give you the reasons why and offer you the opportunity to appeal the decision.

After the visa is issued, you must travel to Spain within 90 days of the date that was shown on your receipt. Once in the country, you must apply for a residence card (TIE) within a month.

You can learn more about the process for applying for a non lucrative visa by getting in touch with a Spain immigration consultant. At BCN Life, we coordinate your entire process from start to finish so that you can obtain a visa for Spain easily and quickly. We also help you to set up private health insurance for your stay in the country, which is mandatory for all non lucrative visa holders. To learn more about how we can assist you, contact us today! We look forward to hearing from you. spain non lucrative visa

By Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *